Thursday, May 08, 2008

Off the Wall, When She Cries, Youth Group

3BT for 5/8/08

1. When a youth "worker" says off the wall stuff. I won't say a name because I didn't ask permission, but this person said, "Good thing there's no pooping in heaven because when God speaks to me I'd crap myself". That's hilarious. And no, it wasn't me.... or Miranda. :)

2. Maleah is still a baby when she cries. It breaks your heart when she cries and her lip quivers and frowns really big. Then a big waterfall sized tear runs down her cheek. At that moment I forget that she can climb on everything throws big kid tantrums, and repeats most all of what you say. At that moment she's still a baby and not a toddler.

3. Youth group last night was fun. Miranda came with me this time and we had an all girl discussion group. We talked about the book, the video that we all watched. We also talked about "Hitch" and the 90/10 rule, running into people at Wal-Mart and various other topics. We really do enjoy this.


  1. This is also the same "person" who declared on Winter Retreat some years ago that "you can't do number 2 without number 1". That got some giggles....bad things is he was talking about this Bible verse:
    Luke 10:27 (NIV)
    He answered: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"
    You can't do #2 without #1!!!!!!

  2. Btw, what's the 90/10 rule? Teach me something new =)

  3. In "Hitch", Will Smith was teaching Kevin James how to give a goodnight kiss and told him to come 90% of the way and he'd go the other 10%. Then Kevin ends up kissing him and Will Smith screams, "I said you come 90 and I come 10. You don't go the whole hundred, you over-eager...blech!"

    If you've not watched Hitch you should. Funny movie. One "F" word in it though. :(